- Summer event calendar: http://www.discoverygreen.com/ebevents
- Kayak Boat Rides at Discovery Green: $5. Kayak rides are available Sat/Sunday 11am-5PM though June 26.
- Stand up Paddle boarding at Discovery Green: $10.
Free Outdoor Movies
- Discovery Green 1500 McKinney: Jurassic World (June 4), Hum Dil De Chuke Samam (June 17), Mr. Dial has Something to Say (June 24), Tortilla Soup (July 15)
- CityCenter 800 Town and Country Blvd: Finding Nemo (June 8), Minions (July 13), Inside Out (August 10)
- Blanket Bingo at Market Square: June 15th, July 20th & Aug 17th http://buffalobayou.org/event/blanket-bingo-june-2017/
- Bingo in the Heights at SPJST every Thursday Night: http://www.lodge88.org/Bingo.html
Mixers & Elixirs
Starting Saturday, June 21st at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Once a month the museum opens up for a Summer Party: Drink and Dance with the Dinosaurs!
White Linen Nights in the Heights
August 2nd. It’s a giant block party. Streets shut down form 6-9pm and all guests must be dressed in White. Enjoy food trucks, live music, and market street vendors.
Children’s Story Hour: Bring your little ones on any Friday morning to the McGovern Centennial Garden’s Family Garden where there is story time and coloring!
Fat Cat's Creamery
Have a Sundae all to yourself! Forget what you’ve been told- Sharing sometimes is overrated, Especially when it comes to dessert! Try a fully loaded brownie Sunday at Fat Cat’s Creamery in the Heights.
Take me out to the ball game- an Astros Game! Here is the summer schedule
- June 10th is Faith & Family Night. Mercy Me will be playing after the game http://m.mlb.com/astros/tickets/info/faith-family-night
Houston Restaurant Weeks
Bulk up for the Winter: Houston Restaurant Weeks begins August 1st
Free Museum Days in Houston Museum District:
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum – Thursday 1 pm – 5 pm
- Houston Museum of Natural Science – Thursday 3 pm – 6 pm
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston — Thursday 10 am – 9 pm — Kids 12 & under free every day
- Children’s Museum of Houston — Thursday 5 pm – 8 pm
- The Health Museum — Thursday 2 pm – 7 pm
- Holocaust Museum Houston – Thursday 2 pm – 5 pm
- Houston Museum of African-American Culture — Thursday 6 pm – 8 pm
- Czech Center Museum Houston – Last Monday each month, noon -4 pm
Free Splash Pads for Kids
more than 20 free splash pads in the Houston area! http://www.houstontx.gov/parks/aquatics/waterspraygrounds.html
Kegg’s Candies Factory Tours
See the entire chocolate-making process from raw ingredients to cooking, packaging and gift shop in a 30-minute tour. $8.50/person. http://keggscandies.com/news/factory-tours